Translate

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

So Much To Do, So Little Time.

Ahhhh!!!  School is almost out for my kids!!!  Now, if you read that as a terrified wail; you were right!  I love having my kids home during the summer, but the end of the school year is always a busy time for me.  One kid will be graduating preschool in 2 weeks.  The other will be getting all finished with first grade.  And why am I terrified that school is almost done?  Because I have to finish a project that the first graders have been working on since January by next week and I've been sick.  I have to get the preschooler's graduation gift for the teachers together (and I have no idea where I filed the e-mail about all that!).  And I am trying to finish the rough draft of The Wind's Solace, my first full-length novel.  (Ideally before the kids are home all day running crazy through my house with demands of play-dates and pool time!!)

And today when I was sitting in car line waiting to pick up the preschooler, I had one of those lightening strikes of genius that I just had to get down on paper.  But being the absentminded writer that I am, I was without my ipad journal notepad sticky notes receipt collection from my wallet ANYTHING to write on save for a few mostly clean napkins from my most recent run to Starbucks!  So with my precious 10 minutes of quiet, I jotted down all I could on the backs of 3 napkins with hopes that my failing memory would retain what I didn't have time to get down on "paper."



I am happy to report, the rest of the idea has stuck with me and will remain happily in my mac rather than on recycled paper napkins with stains from the white mocha with raspberry I had last week!!  Today, I am counting that as a win.  Considering the crazy last week I've had, I think it might be even more than a win!  It might be a hole-in-one victory or something.  Oh, and before I got a case of the icky itchies (Fifth's Disease), a friend came up with a brilliant way to celebrate when the first Romantica book gets published.  Think bachelorette style themed cake! Brilliant right??  How many times in one's lifetime do you get to order dirty themed cakes?  Maybe for a bachelorette party, but that's about it.  And most of my friends are all married ladies, so this is perfect!  So, when The Wind's Solace gets published, (hear my positive thinking!!) we will pass the penis cake and some lattes!  We can't be too wild at Starbucks!  ;-)  Until later, I am off to get some sleep work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment