Translate

Monday, May 7, 2012

Books, books and more books...

Besides being a writer I am a huge reader.  So many people ask what do you read/ what have you read lately/ what new can you recommend?  Well, I was thinking it might be cool to list just some of the books I've read (are currently reading) once a month or so.  I have a kindle account full of titles that I've loved, enjoyed or completely hated. I can't walk into a bookstore without buying no less than 3 books (to my hubby's displeasure).  And I'll honestly admit to today stalking the UPS man who delivered a book I was eagerly awaiting!  There is also a small chance I danced around like a fool exclaiming, "It's here! It's here!  It's finally here!!"

I think it's a good thing I'm married, because days like today when I make a complete ass out of myself to the UPS guy, I think to myself "there's nothing cute about this moment in your life, Jeni."  But whatever.  It's a great book that arrived this evening written by an amazing woman.  So currently I'm three chapters into Asperkids!  

I'll also admit that the next book in line is Charlaine Harris' Deadlocked.  Gotta get my Sookie and Eric fill before the summer starts.  And I'm eagerly awaiting the newest Janet Evanovich book, Wicked Business, that will be out mid-June.  I also still must pick up a copy of Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster (she always knows how to get me laughing!).

But recently, I've had the delighted pleasure of reading Jenny Lawson's Let's Pretend This Never Happened (and if you check out her site, print yourself a cootie catcher and have fun reclaiming your youth for a while!), Colleen Helme's Carrots, The Siren by Tiffany Reisz, the Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James (and really who hasn't read them yet??), and also Dale Alderman's Big White Panties.  And that is all off the top of my head without opening my Kindle app to see the countless romances and shorts I've read in the last month.  :-)

I am a voracious reader.  So, I'll try to remember to post some of my recent reads once in a while if you remember to shoot me an e-mail/tweet/or comment when you read something you love so I can read it too!   (Here's my shameless pitch to ask you to check me out on twitter @JeniABurns or shoot me a message here!  Thanks!)

Oh, and for those of you who are interested, I am making some great progress on the writing front as well.  So maybe soon I can be stalking the UPS guy again when my book arrives!  ;-)  A girl can dream right?

2 comments:

  1. I cannot even begin to imagine the insane excitement I'm going to feel, one day, when the UPS man brings your first book to me. I KNOW it's going to happen, which just make me want to start jumping up and down NOW. I just love you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe, just maybe I can hand-deliver yours since you are my biggest fan! ~Jeni

      Delete