Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3

It's Day 3 of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I am slightly over 6,000 words at this point. Yesterday was my CRW (Carolina Romance Writers) meeting and I regret to say I didn't get much actual writing done afterward. However, the pantser in me took a quick breather and let the plotter that I have locked away in the deep, deep recesses of my brain out for a minute to grab a breath of fresh air and check plot points.

Then the pantser roared back to life, locked the plotter in a closet, and drank a cup 'o decaf. Actually, it was more like, she called on one of her writing buddies and said, "Help! My plotter got loose again! Bring some rope!"

Naturally N. R. Ratcliffe came to the rescue and reminded the pantser that plotters never prosper when pantsing. (I swear these are all real things... I haven't lost my mind... yet.)

Anyway, today I meet the day renewed and ready to write as soon as I get a few things taken care of family-wise. Then I am off to the land of Elemental strife that exists only in my head and on my computer. ;-)

I hope that those of you taking on the NaNo challenge are having as much fun as I am!

Cheers!
~Jeni Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment