Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's 1 am... Do you know where your manuscript is?

It's one am. I have edited the first three chapters of my manuscript for an entire week. You read that right. Words that it took me mere hours to write originally took me a week to edit and re-edit and ask trusted friends to help edit again.

And now it's as done as I can get it. So, instead of waiting until morning (I know it's morning now, but I mean the sane hours of the morning) I sent those three precious chapters with a heartfelt and genuine letter to the editor I met with last weekend.

I realize rejection rates for new manuscripts by new authors are high, but still I sent my baby manuscript with the hopes that someone other than me will love it.

With that, I am finally going to try to get some much-needed and well-deserved sleep so that I don't sleep-walk through mom's chemo tomorrow.

Before saying goodnight I have to thank some very awesome friends and family for taking time to read, comment, and edit with me this week. So thanks to all you wonderful people who's names have been changed to protect the guilty!

Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

~Jeni <3

1 comment:

  1. the site looks very nice! clean and very professional! good work!

    ReplyDelete