Translate

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes...

... or feisty five-year-olds who think they are 15.

Today I had promised my daughter a trip to S-bx for a coffee as a reward for her hard work on getting all her lowercase letters written properly.  As we are sitting in the drive through line; Grandma riding shotgun, me driving and her all tucked into her booster in the back; Kelly Clarkson's Stronger comes on the radio to which A sighs and says, "Ahhh, this is just what I needed; my favorite song, my favorite girls, and COFFEEEE!!!"  as she sips on her decaf caramel macchiato.

My mom looks at me and we both crack up laughing as we both have the mental image of a 15-yr old version of A sitting in a car with her besties making the same proclamation instead of sitting with her mom and Grandma.  Best coffee run ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment